Wednesday, November 7, 2012

C4T #3

For my third C4T assignment, I was required to comment on two posts from Dare To Care blog. This blog is written by Denise Krebs. The blogs motto is "Creating, Contributing, Communicating, Connecting, Collaborating & Curating."

The first blog post I commented on was Precious Water. This post provides many pictures that show people from Kenya using Hipporollers to carry water from their water sources back home. She provided a short discussion of the problems that people face because of water shortage. The comment that I left was:
"Denise
Hello! My name is Nancy Nelson. I attend the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. I am taking a class, Edm 310, which has assigned your blog to me to comment on. I am required to read two of your blog posts and comment on them. In a few weeks I will then post these comments and a short summary of your posts on my blog at, nelsonancyedm310.blogspot.com. I am so happy that your church has opened their hearts and pocketbooks to help these people who are suffering. I have never heard of hipporollers and I beleive they are a blessing to whomever uses them. Having the children of your church experience the weight of the barrels is a great way to get them more involved. Did any of the adults in your church do the same? I hope that your church will raise the money to provide hipporollers to those who desperately need them in Africa. If you want to contact me, please do at my twitter @NancyN91 and through my blog.
Thank you, Nancy Nelson"


The second blog post I commented on was Global Cardboard Challenge. This post reflects on what her seventh grade science class did in respect to the Global Cardboard Challenge. Her student created cardboard creations such as: catapults, cranes, hand bumper cars, and even basketball hoops. They were very creative. She also provided two videos, Caine's Arcade and Caine's Arcade 2:The Global Cardboard Challenge & Imagination Foundation. Caine is a young boy who created his own arcade. This arcade that he created is made out of cardboard! This is amazing. Caine seems like a very devoted individual. This is such an inspiration. If you are reading this, please watch the videos. They will surprise and interest you very much. The second video,Caine's Arcade 2:The Global Cardboard Challenge & Imagination Foundation, is about how the immediate changes began to take place for Caine and the video maker who was his first customer. Caine began a cardboard revolution by just using his creative mind. Its so wonderful. It made a difference all over the world. For my comment I was unable to leave one on this particular post. After discussing the issue with my professor, Dr. Strange, we came to the conclusion that I need to mention that there were some difficulties. I enjoyed her post very much, because it was meaningful. It pointed out dreams and the creativeness of children. We, as educators, should continuously nurture our student's creative minds. This creativeness may be their future! Why should we decide what they needs, when we can walk with them on their personal journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment