Saturday, November 3, 2012

C4K Summary for October

C4K #1
For my first C4K of October I was assigned Sopsha's blog post, How cats and dogs are similar and different. The title is self explanatory. Sopsha wrote about the differences and similarities of cats and dogs. I left a comment that looked like this:

"Sophia,
I love that you wrote about cats and dogs. I am an animal lover and I especially favor these two animals. Do you like both cats and dogs, or do you like one more than the other? Do you have a cat, dog, or both? I must say that your grammar was wonderful and your examples are very funny. The cats that I have owned have always scratched my furniture. Dogs really do not like heights, do they? I don’t think I have ever met a dog that liked heights. All the cats I have owned love to be high. Have you ever had any cats jump on you from a high shelf? I have! Thank you so much for providing this post for me and the rest of the world to read. If you want to contact me please feel free to on my blog at nelsonnancyedm310.blogspot.com.
Nancy Nelson"


C4K #2
The blog post Design Your Words is an explanation of how to do a presentation well and gives examples and tips. My comment was:

"Hello,
My name is Nancy Nelson and I am a student in Edm 310 at the University of South Alabama. I was assigned your blog post to read and comment on this week. I found your blog post to be extremely informational and very well written. I assume that you planned this post ahead of time. I very much enjoyed reading your post. I used to despise presentations that my teachers would present with each slide filled with only text. I wish all my teachers would read your blog post and learn how to present. After reading your blog, I will definitley use the tips that you gave when I present a topic. I am studying to be a teacher, so this information will help me exponentially when I begin. Once again, I enjoyed your post very much. If you wish to contact me please feel free to through my twitter @NancyN91 and my blog at nelsonancyedm310.blogspot.com.
Thank you, Nancy Nelson"


C4K #3
The blog post Uglies is a decription of the book Uglies. My comment was:

"Hailey,
My name is Nancy Nelson. I attend the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Al. I was assigned your blog to comment on this week. I have never heard of this book. Is the title “Uglies”? I was unsure. It sounds like you liked this book very much. I must applaud you on the fact that you made the book very appealing and interesting by your short summary. Were you required to read this book for your class or was it just for recreation? If you want to contact me please do by my twitter @NancyN91 or my blog at nelsonnancyedm310.blogspot.com."


C4K#4
The blog post October 19th from the blog Epic Alberta is a short video showing many aspects of Alberta, Canada. The comment I left for Carson was:

"Carson,
Hi! My name is Nancy Nelson. I was assigned your blog by my professor at the University of South Alabama. I really liked you animoto video about Alberta. I can see that you are very proud of your homeland. I have always wanted to travel to Alberta and see its beauty. I have heard so much about it. I read one of your other posts that said you liked hockey. Thats awesome. Are you on a hockey team or do you just play for fun? I have never played it, but I have watched it on televeision once or twice. So you live in the Rocky Mountains? It must be amazing in the winter! If you want to contact me, please feel free through my twitter @NancyN91 and my blog nelsonnancyedm310.blogspot.com.
Thank you for your video, Nancy."


C4K#5
For my final C4K for the month of October I was assigned the post Irish Blessing from the blog Vitulli and Santoli: Eyes on Ireland. This was posted by two professors at the University of South Alabama while they are in Ireland for the Ireland International Conference on Education. The post consists of a single picture. This picture houses a beautiful and meaningful Irish blessing. After reading the blessing, I left a comment for Dr. Vitulli and Dr. Santoli. The comment I left was:

"Dr. Vitulli and Dr. Santoli,
I am a student in Edm310 at the University of South Alabama and I have been assigned this post for my C4K. I have heard this Irish blessing before and found it to be very moving and meaningful. It made my day to read this because it is nice to read something that gives someone hope and put a smile on his or her face. it is worded beautifully and flows very well. Have you had much time to sight see? I have Irish blood in me and I have always wanted to visit Ireland. I am jealous! My family has a seriously Irish name. I do not carry the name, but it was the maiden name of my grandmother. Even though my Irish blood is small, I still feel proud to be part Irish. I hope the convention is going well and you both have a safe trip home. If you would like to contact me, please do so through my twitter @NancyN91 or my blog at nelsonnancyedm310.blogspot.com.
Thank you for the post, Nancy Nelson"

No comments:

Post a Comment