Wednesday, September 19, 2012

C4T #1

C4T #1 Topic
For my first post for comment for teachers I was required to read and comment on two blog posts. The blog I was required to read and comment on was the blog of Ms. Lara Bishop, Ms. Lara's Jungle.

Reaching out in the community, even in K - 4!


In Ms. Bishop's post, Reaching Out In The Community, Even In K - 4!, she discusses the importance of reaching out into the community and helping those who are less fortunate or those who are having hard times. She notes the importance that at having children at young ages help, the lessons they learn then will follow them throughout their lives into their futures. She discusses ways in which parents and teachers can get children involved and show that giving is meaningful. Most important, Ms. Bishop's discusses what her preschool class achieved during the holidays. Her class provided much needed food to a family who would not have had it otherwise.

After reading Ms. Bishop's blog post I commented on what she had achieved and her idea of having the children active in the community. To summarize my comment, I agreed with Ms. Bishop on the importance of having children help their community and that they would learn lessons that would follow them into their futures. I personally involve myself in my community, whenever I can, and find it very fulfilling. I applaud Ms. Bishop and her students on their outstanding contribution to the community and their dedication to provide food to a family during the holidays. After I finished my comment I included my contact information.

Dr. Strange I Owe It To You


The second post that I read and commented on was Lara Bishop's post, Dr. Strange I Owe It To You, in which Ms. Bishop discusses her thanks for Dr. Strange and his teaching. This post is very important because I am currently enrolled in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class at the University of South Alabama. She has taken a lead from Dr. Strange by including desktop computers and laptop computers in her 4K classroom. She continues to explain how much she learned and the fact that she was wary in the beginning. She has brought technology into her classroom with one desktop and four laptop computers and her school is now taking donations to provide the school with a computer lab. Ms. Bishop is excited about having her 4K students learn in this way.

After reading this post I left Ms. Bishop a comment. I explained that I am enrolled in Dr. Strange's EDM 310 class and I concur with Ms. Bishop on the fact that it was intimidating when first beginning the class. I had heard good and bad things and that would make anyone worried. I stated that the student would like to learn by using the computers. Once again, I closed my comment by leaving my contact information.

No comments:

Post a Comment